Monday, May 05, 2008

Drawing of the Week 5/5

Was busy attending a birthday party, hence deprived of my learning opportunity. Why can't people just stay off my saturdays? ok ok, i have to admit, that was my father's birthday party. Haha. Therefore, just completed one of my half-completed drawing and post it up. Don't want to breakmy rythm. So this is how my boss looks like during happier times.

My drawing


Reference

How do you think? Any improvement after I took up pastel? 100% own effort. Chin looks a bit pouchy and eyes are not dark enough. The drawing is taken by a camera with flash and edited by hightening the contrast, so original don't look this bad.

Well, GE missed its profit and his predecessor, Jack Welch has been making a lot of noise. I guess he will be having quite a busy quarter. I've got to get busy too. Exam is coming soon.

P/S: By the way, the 'coffee stains' at the top left of the paper is not really 'coffee stains'. My room got flooded.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the "stripes" on the right side of the portrait is a bit disturbing...

anyway, your drawing is getting better and better...

Shengcui said...

yeah. the stripes were never meant to be that dark. Doesn't lok distracting on original though. Must be my camera angle and the contrast function on photo manager :-D

Kelly said...

Got improvement.Not bad not bad..

suifong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suifong said...

hey shengcui, i have to admit that you really .......

felicitations, tu fais bien....you really did very very well for this!

Put more effort ya, who knows you might take over Picasso someday :)

Shengcui said...

hahaha!! Fat chance!!! He is really a great artist. Not ready to appreciate all his paintings though, but i like norman rockwell and Van gogh. Hopefully will be 30% as good as them someday:)

Phooi Fun said...

erm erm erm..... thumbs up!!!

M@V!S said...

nice o ~
really same with the photo~
只是嘴巴不够开~哈哈~