Saturday, May 17, 2008

Drawing of the Week 17/5

This is my second sitting for the drawing below. It is still incomplete though, and I think I need another round.

Well, this old man is really hard to draw. When I select this photograph, I was very much tempted by it being more of a 2D, high range of colours and high resolution.

Now I got reservations.

My teacher says side-view of a head is about the hardest to draw as 3D, i.e. the structure of the head has to be conveyed in a more restricted environment i.e. the 2D that I was talking about. And this is really hard. The skin of a face, especially a little bit sagging as a result of age must be expressed with accuracy and discipline. The high range of colours made me confused too. Greens, yellows, ochres and pinks all seems to appear on the same spot.

Nevertheless, I've also made much correction on structural defects. Notice the shift of the ear to the left. Will continue to improve on this.

5 comments:

Zentrox said...

Much better now... But why green?

Shengcui said...

this guy's pic was taken when he was at the stadium. So there are shades of green reflected on him. And green is the contrasting colour of red, and there are needs of green to come up with more vibrant combinations!

Zentrox said...

aiyo... next time when post new drawing, post along the picture le~

haha~

Phooi Fun said...

wahhh, very complicated...

♥sIjiAn♪♫♪♫ said...

i prefer this compare2 da 1st one.
nice!!