Sunday, February 19, 2006

From 1st gear to 5th

I'm sorry guys for letting you wait. I was supposed to write this yesterday but can't because I have to help a particular friend of mine with his/her homework half a globe away. So, sorry readers, but I've make up with 2 posts. So I hope Kelly Ti Lien Ghee won't complain. I'm working now, but I won't write it down here on what i work as or whose my boss. ( You never know whether your boss is keeping track of your blogs, right?) So, leave your e-mails in the comment box or meet me in MSN messenger so that i can give you all a more 'personalised' answer. But before that I've got to thank lien ghee for holding a birthday party. Met a lot of my old friends there.

So here's the recount of my haphazard week.

Sunday

It is Chap Goh Meh and i went to market with my mom to buy stuffs for our steam boat dinner. Then I went to temple with parents and had our lunch there. Came back to prepare the food for steam boat. My granny came, my brother, his wife and my sister came back to help. There were vegies, sotong balls, home made fish paste with fatt choy inside (yup! fatt choy), crab meat sticks, prawns, pork and chicken fillets, and scallops etc (woh! i can't believe it! but my mom bought scallops! You all should know that i come from a poor family).
So the highlight of the day was when i helped my granny to fry "fu chok" (bean curd skin with fish paste in it). I'm a kitchen veteran and obviously not afraid to cook. I have confidence that my food taste good too. But perhaps because i was having a fairly good time, or maybe it was after effects of my blogging activities, i accidentally dipped my left hand 4th finger (i dunno what to call it) into hot oil! See lien ghee, its all because of you, forcing me to blog, and that's why bad luck has been on me. It won't be long until i get raped and you'll be happy. I cooled it down with water(which according to my mom, wrong) too relieve my pain. But still, it felt terrible. It was then my quick thinking make me see the half frozen scallops lying beside the basin. With gusto, i took the mushy but cold scallops and placed them on my finger. It killed the pain immediately. So next time, dear readers, if somebody ask you what is the medicinal value of scallops, your answer, painkiller.
Nevertheless a huge boil did surface and i got no guts to burst it. At night, my brother's godfather, together with his family joined us for steam boat. Trust me, the food were good especially for the prawns and scallops.

Monday

I went for my interview at 9.00a.m. in the firm at Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang. My interviewer is the firm's partner, Mr Yong. He is a nice man. Then I was introduced to my colleagues. There is Bee, Boon, Zehra, etc (Eh, don't be mistaken that i work in a zoo. Its not bee, baboons and zebras mind u! They are kind, cheerful and helpful!) My work desk was just outside the partner's room. I was given a 50-something pages thick guidelines to read for the whole day.
Later that day, during lunchtime, a self-proclaimed Sabahan teacher approached me to try ang rip me off RM35 so that he can reach KLIA. I told him that it was my first day of work. U must see how disappointed he was.

Tuesday

Went to work, continued to read guidelines, and soon received my first ever assignment. It was kind of simple but of course, I'm stupid so i have to disturb boon for help all the time.

Wednesday

This was the 'Big' day. While I was busy finishing my first assignment, bee, together with another girl, moved 2 boxes of documents to my workplace, and asked me to help her out. the were about 15 main documents, each the size of yellow pages.Me awed.

Thursday

Reached my office some 10 minutes late. What's worse was that my company's partner was alreadyt standing in front of my desk, and smiling at me. Continued to struggle past the pile of paper. Boon and bee were out on field work so it was up to me to guess out the direction of where should i be heading. While I was on the way home, somebody accidentally stuck his lighted cigratte onto the back of my right hand. Now i have a boil on my left hand and burn marks on my right. Great. Then later on, at Jalan Bukit Bintang, a bapak Ayam called out to me!!!! Sigh....do i look so desperate?

Friday

Boon and Bee came back, I realised that the direction i was heading was to damnation. Panicked and tried to do u-turn.Spent the whole day doing things all over again.

No comments: