Monday, March 31, 2008

Picture of the month(March)

The month that has passed is a breakthrough in terms of me as an art student. After the second art lesson of the month, my teacher said that I should move on from pencil sketching to pastel. Finally!!! I was bloody happy at that time. It is not easy to acquire a technique, let alone master it. And I thought he had just given me a very big encouragement.

Therefore, I became very joyful and felt restless for the next art class, knowing very well that he will teach me everything he know about pastel, just like how he treated other students. And then i was wrong. All he did was dug out one 'How to' pastel drawing book and ask me to read from cover to cover!! Suddenly, i felt that i am on my own. Therefore, for the past month, i have been reading on that stupid book and have not done much...My teacher is bad, isn't he?

Therefore, from now on, I won't be have any polling station because the drawings/paintings that i'm going to generate for these few months are going to be crap anyway.



I've redone brad, and now is without the puffy mouth. But something is still not quite right. Any pointers?

This is Jeffrey Immelt, CEO and Chairman of GE. But this portrait is yet to be completed. Will complete it by the end of this month.

The apple that my teacher asked me to draw out with pastel from memory. Also my first bite at pastel.

My current pastel portrait that I am working on....sigh...

For those who are new to my blog, i've started posting on my progress in fine art to keep myself motivated. So guys and gals, please feel free to leave comments ok? Criticism will be a gift to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's on the last picture? By the way, I like the apple.

Shengcui said...

i also dunno. thanks for ur encouragement!

Anonymous said...

for brad, he looks nicer this time but i still feel the lack of 'somehting' on this pic. Why huh? try ask yr teacher see!

if i'm not mistaken, it's yr previous company punya CEO, he seems to be so happy on his smilling face huh..then he must thank shengcui lo this time! hehe....

the apple looks nice also...tres bien!

by the way, is mahatma gandhi in progress??

Shengcui said...

the CEO is not complete yet. so i'm not sure whether he will be smiling if he comes across it yet. Hahahaha! I've been sourcing for mahatma gandhi photos and i'm still deciding which to pick...