Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First day at work (1)

Well guys, I've started work on the 4th of June and it has been a 2 week work life for me, for now. I know that I do not have much working experience for a start but it is still bloody difficult for me to describe something so bloody unpredicted as in my first day of work.

So there was me, finally, just 4 days after working my ass off for my semester exam, I woke up and somehow found myself, standing in a dark, spooky morning at an ungodly hour of 5 o'clock, under a lichen-covered lamp post by the road side, its gentle glow shining on nothing but an idiot who stared aimlessly on an eerily empty highway, somehow convinced that lady luck will smile on him and that his bane, a.k.a. RapidKL will take him to the place he wanted to be. And at the very end of the day, it all boils down to the idiot's unwavering beliefs, unbendable will, and sheer determination that got him to his workplace 1 hour earlier than necessary. Enough said.

So looking at the time, I wisely spend my hour reading newspapers and thinking of nothing else but fear. Cometh 7.50 a.m., cometh the man, I approached the guard house, full of faked confidence and faked brimming smile, not realising the complex that I work in is well over 800 meters away. Looking back, I think I'm the only guy on earth that reaches 1 hour early but clock in 15 minutes late.

The whole compound is an SPM site, made up of many complexes. Mine was at the very, very end. The company I work for is GEESM and also has its own security system, so, very mafan la.

I was dressed up like a dude, complete with matching ties and belts + I combed my hair. Quite an unbelieveable feat. As i turned up, i found that i was being accompanied by a few other newbies, but they are contract workers. At the GEESM security checkpoint, i was told to wait for Mr. Z, which i thought was a code name. As i wondered what type of secret agency that i will be working for, Mr. Zach finally came. I was brought to the HR department and given a dress down on the firm's policies. Then, with another 6 contract workers, i was brought to another department for a briefing on safety. From there, i was brought around for a small company tour.

2 comments:

Phooi Fun said...

Oi, u onli described how u go to work la, bla bla bla, wat u want me to comment wo.... =_="

Cryssyenddo said...

eh...what happened to you ar? reach there so early get in la...stay outside waiting somebody to rob you gah?