Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pls God....GIVE ME WINGS!!!

I have been an on-off jogger for some while to keep myself thin, lean and ...ahem... mean. In fact it was this hobby of mine that lent name to this blog. Lately though the only running I did was hunting/stalking down my clients who enjoy hiding in odd places from auditors and they ain't good at hiding. As some of my working friends can testify, fat retention is a by-product of selling your soul to your boss and I have been a bit flabby lately too.

Naturally the very first thing I did after I got fired from my job was to get myself a pair of good running shoes and start some serious 'right-sizing', as accountants say...

And after walking through many stores and shoes....I finally blew my savings with a Nike. The dominant reason was the fact that the size of my feet fall nicely at the middle of the bell curve and somehow manufacturers of lower end products could never make enough to satisfy market needs. Either that or the shoes fall apart all too easily. So I've decided that I had it all and moved a rank higher. This is the unveiling of my new pair of wings.

NIKE with the ever approving tick

My new baby

A NIKE Free 7.0

A closer look...

Best of all, it came with my size....US size 13/UK size 12

Obviously, the first thing I did after the purchase was to have a good night sleep and jog with it the very next day. The first time I put it on I felt the road was just a black yoga mat. The steps were soft and gentle and the harder you pound on the floor, the higher the bounce.

So without much ado, I tested it on my routine jogging track. It is of medium length of 2-3km which usually take me slightly less than 30 minutes to complete when I am fit.

The fact that the route passes by my friend's house provides extra motivation and sometimes touches of ivory keys linger and serve as perfume to my ears (I'm real 'sam-pat', ain't I?)

My first outing was pure hard labour. It took me 40 minutes but nevertheless I managed to cover the distance. Hopefully I will be able to shave my time to under 20 minutes by November. Think I can do it?

Of course, any friend of mine wishes to join me are welcomed to do so (especially the one I know of that collects skipping ropes for hobby). Be aware though, Salak South is not known as Salak South for nothing. And Sri Petaling is no better. Canines greet me at every nook and corner and on the safe side, you just have to practise hopping onto the top of your father's car until one cartwheel sends you right to the top. Of course, I found out that there are severe repercussions to this and for a guy who have seen it all...I'll stick with the dogs any given day.

8 comments:

Zentrox said...

Fuiyo, my bigfoot friend got his wings liao...

Phooi Fun said...

nice shoes... good la... a force for u to upgrade ur taste!!! haha...
eh, pay me royalty for providing u perfume for ur ears!!!!

Shengcui said...

ah? Then i should be charging u for my body odour?

Phooi Fun said...

blah! shud fine u for tat!

Shengcui said...

ya hor...difference of music and noise...hehe..!

Zentrox said...

Perfume for ears? Don't understand what you 2 talking about...

Kelly said...

Wow,u jog that far o..I like the shoes!

Shengcui said...

thanks for the compliment!