Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Banks the Den of Thieves??

A few days ago i went to the bank to run some errands. It was not the rudimentary type of deposit or withdrawal, and i needed assistance. When i was still standing in front of the numbering machine, still pondering which service i actually need, a staff came across me politely and inquired me if i needed assistance. I smiled and turned my head to her, but then my sweet smile turned to frost.

The first thing that went into my mind was 'Rompak'. Aghast, I took a step back, and had a quick, second look. There, hanging by a lanyard was a button with the words 'Bank Rompak Bonus Kami' inscribed on it.

I thought for a second somebody was approaching me with the intention to rob a bank. I heaved a sigh of relieve when I found that it was not but I couldn't stop revolting on seeing the deceiving smile on the assistant's face. As some of you might know, some banks had recently 'renegotiated' a plan that no longer guarantees 2 month bonus to bank employees. It enables the employers to have a more flexible hand in rewarding the more productive and effectively cut done fixed cost.

I couldn't feel much sorrier for the banks. With the current economy facing the onslaught of recession, they have to put up with the enemy underneath the cover (Musuh Dalam Selimut). Wearing those buttons are totally unprofessional and inconsiderate as their public display of defiance also carries a heavy dose of hypocrisy. One might ask:

If the banks are thieves, why not quit the job all together?
Why work for thieves?
If you work for thieves, doesn't it make you a thief as well?
Does defaming the company which logo you are wearing not defaming you as well?
Does scaring away the customers help the bank to feed your kids better?
If banks are thieves, then who the hell are you if you take your wage and at the same time destroying the image of the one that is paying you?

This is a disease of Malaysia. I'm 100% supportive of them protesting for their rights if and only if they take time off from their job and have a work strike. At least then they come clean and fight with real 'backbones'. I'm disgusted. Seeing bloodsucking Malaysians acting so dignified make me sick!!!

For pictures, see this poor Maybank. This tiger has fleas!

1 comment:

Phooi Fun said...

hah, malaysians r malaysians..... they wanna hav the best of both world, how many of them will quit their secure job n fight 4this...hah!!....